Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Birthday 4 Year Old!

Annalee is 4. I cannot believe it. yeah, yeah, all moms say that. She is a huge blessing to us. This girl thinks she is 30. I love her. Sometimes I feel like I take advantage of her maturity, but why suppress it, right? She reads to her sisters (tells stories the way she remembers them), folds laundry, empties the silverware from the dishwasher, makes her bed, gets herself and her sisters dressed in the morning, sets and clears the table, vacuums up the floor after meals, watches the full two hour Kennedy Center Swan Lake Ballet Production as often as possible, bathes herself, has a memory that gets me in trouble sometimes, and so on and so on. I love her. She is so affectionate and very serious, very often. She makes friends with everyone in her path. She teaches her sisters all day long. She is very neat and orderly. She loves her chore chart. She even sings me songs to make me smile. Did I mentioned I love her?

1 comment:

angela said...

Jackie, I just can't believe she is 4. I remember holding her at Alena's wedding when she was all of 6 weeks old and having just gotten married myself I was thinking, "I hope I will be a mommy someday". Only God knew that 4 years later, that was the plan!!