Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Mama Mia!!!

I introduce to you, Mia. I met Mia back in college when she was somewhat of a celebrity on campus. She was part of The Sounds of Liberty which was the all star team as far as singing talent was concerned. We roomed across from each other for a total of three weeks. And, although I remember her, remember the celebrity thing..I doubt she remembers me. She will tell you to your face that she does. That is cause she is nice like that.
We met (again...) 6 years later, at Lifepoint Chruch where she serves on the worship team and her husband is on staff. I remember our first day at church she was singing the cover song, Life is a Highway. Mia was singing that song like it was the last song she was gonna sing. Her 9mth pregnant belly was hindering my recollection of who she was. BUT....then she smiled, and I remembered, Mia McNeil!!! I told elbowed Shane and whispered,"That is Mia, from Sounds, back when we were at LU." He didn't seem nearly as excited as I did. After the service I introduced myself and we have been friends ever since.
I love Mia because she is so full of life. She is passionate when she is happy, when she is sad, and when she is down right angry! She never lets up. Full of energy she will love you with all she's got and them some. She loves Jesus, her man, her babies and her family and friends. She is real, bold, confident and honest in a way that many people aren't. She has a smile that lights up every room she has ever entered and every stage she ever stepped on. Her singing voice is so clear and powerful, but her heart of worship makes it unbelievably anointed. I begin to cry just writing that statement. I cannot even think of words to describe her talent. In fact, I tried just now and had to give up. You would have to hear it for yourself. Have I mentioned that she is beautiful?She is cool, too. I mean like The Buckle cool. Her style looks like Anthropology, Ikea and The Buckle got into a fight and everyone came out a winner. She is a designer and a lover of children. She was a music teacher pre-children, but I just can't picture that. Mia is a leader, a party planner, a match maker and the biggest social butterfly I have ever met. We cannot have a good conversation in a public place. She gets distracted by everyone else she could be talking to. So we smile, hug say something cute about our outfits and save the important stuff for later. Cause when you are alone with Mia she is loaded with thought provoking, real life questions, thought, opinions and ideas. See, I told you she was full of life.
I thank God for the friends in my life. I am so thankful to see a little bit of Him in each one. I thank Him today for sending me a friend in Mia! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

shane miller said...

Wow! I'm soooo thankful you have Mia in your life! You have so many good friends. You are truly blessed!