Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Snapshots

Snapshots of our home... I was noticing a quote I have on our fridge, "How we spend our day is, of course, how we spend our lives." I thought this was interesting as I looked around the house. Just in my kitchen alone I was realizing how "telling" these snapshots of our lives would be.
Above is a portion of my kitchen displaying good eats. I used to have this counter top reserved for the coffee pot, tea bags, sugar and creamer. As you can see, those have been replaced for a little more natural energy.

I had a sweet glass of carrot/apple juice this morning. The tin boxes on the top of the stove are full of loose tea my dear friends have gifted to me over the years. I like to share them as friends stop in for a visit here and there.

I recently pulled out our juicer that is normally kept underneath the counter and put the toaster away. You know, less processed carbs and more fresh fruits and veggies. As you can see, the parts are drying from actually being used this morning... My mother-in-law purchased this for us and I have really enjoyed having a quality juicer around the past several years.

Daily words of encouragement to all those who can read...

A fridge says so much about people. We have recent photos of family and friends to remind us each day for whom to give thanks. There are a couple of drawings from the girls on the lower half. The magazine page is a picture of a mother helping her son to bake, and it has the quote I referenced above. We are currently fighting for a dream to be free from "jobs." We are building a business that will allow both Shane and I to be home full-time, all day, everyday, to raise our children together. This picture represents that time together as a family. The books on the top are my favorite cookbooks. I am a comfort food queen and "Kitchen Keepsakes" is full of classic recipes. I also like the Ball canning book. Oh, I love to see a shelf of beautiful foods "put away" in colorful jars for the colder months. Very satisfying to do it yourself!

So there are a few pictures to give you a peek into our daily lives. More to come some other day of reflecting...

3 comments:

liz said...

Oh how fun is this!! I want to do something like this sometime. I love seeing the things in your home. I can't wait to see more! :)

Sherri said...

What a fun post! You must be good fruit eaters :) I have the WORST sweet tooth, but I'm trying do do better! I have to trick myself by making a smoothie.
I love the chalk board! So cool!

angela said...

Lovely home. I want to see more!!! Thanks for sharing. Love you.