Monday, October 25, 2010

River House with the Brisseys

Almost three years ago, I ran into an old friend of mine from high school, Angie. Back in the day we cheered on the same squad, under the tyranny of the crazy Ms. Tyson, shared common friends and even spent a homecoming group date together. After a happenstance meeting in a local convenience store, we reconnected in a way I could not have imagined. As the story turns out she married another friend from high school, Chad. His little sister and I spent many-a-night together getting in all sorts of trouble:) So Chad and Angie, Shane and I our combined children have become fast friends at an all new level. We share a passion for serving at our church, we share birthdays, dinners...dinner bills (this due to an embarrassing moment in which we totally forgot any sort of viable payment for the dinner to which we had invited them:) hometown fall festival experiences, Bible studies, church small groups, holidays and weekend river trips. Our next planned trip out to their river house is so the guys can appear in court to testify against this crazy old guy who pulled a gun and shot at them for wake boarding in "his" cove on the PUBLIC river. That should be a fun time! I am so looking forward to the road we will walk as we continue to make memories. What an unexpected blessing God has given us.
This little guy, Cash, has the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen. I swear I had to de-saturate the picture so it didn't look fake.
My own Reece-man getting dirty.
Annalee and Avery testing the water, again.
Saylor is only 4 mths younger than Avery and the two of them are so very independent, and opinionated it is almost scary.
And of course, I couldn't resist those dimples. He is more than my little heart can handle!

No comments: