Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Let it snow...

We are loving the snow, all of it. There is a lot. We have had many, many hours of snowfall, and we are expecting another 11 inches tonight. It is beautiful. I think my favorite part of snowfall is the sound, or lack there of. I love to go outside and listen. If you listen very closely you may be able to hear the snowflakes landing on the snow, but other than that there is nothing. No animal noises, no highway sounds, no kids playing, just silence. I think so is so amazing how everything halts in the snow. We all stay in, sit peacefully, and enjoy just being. I don't feel a sense of urgency to clean, or rush off to the gym. I get to be off the clock and take it all in. I also enjoy the anticipation. Everyone prepares with store runs, laying ice, filling up and getting warm. Everywhere you go people seem to have a look of anticipation. Excitement to share.It is so bonding. People smile more, with looks of agreement. We are all in this together, have fun!

No comments: